About Our School:
Toronto Waldorf School, founded in 1968, serves 350 students and their parents from birth through Grade 12. We are located just north of Toronto, Ontario on 18 acres including a large wooded area and a section of protected ecological ravine. We serve a diverse multicultural community. Our unique building was designed to be a Waldorf school from the ground up. We have a large and dynamic faculty and staff, with a diverse mix of experience and backgrounds. Several anthroposophically-based organizations work alongside us on our campus including a residence for seniors, an anthroposophically-based medical practice, and the Rudolf Steiner Centre for adult education. Our school is accredited by AWSNA (Association of Waldorf Schools of North America) and we offer an Ontario Ministry of Education High School Graduation Diploma, which enables University and College entrance, along with our Waldorf Diploma in Grade 12.
Toronto Waldorf School is looking for a Child Care Floater to be a member of the TWS faculty, responsible for sharing the carrying of a group of children ranging in age from 18 months to 4 years. The floater will work a split shift between different classrooms as required and assist with setting up beds and assist in the after care.
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills, along with an approachable manner towards parents and colleagues.
· Willingness to create an age appropriate environment in which children can flourish.
· Willingness and ability to work cooperatively with colleagues and the parent community.
· Ability to lift and stack small beds.
· First Aid certification, and Vulnerable Sector Screening (Food Handler’s certificate is an asset)
· Waldorf Teacher Education certification preferred. Funding for Waldorf EC part-time training is available.
· R-ECE is a definite requirement.
· Supporting the program based on Waldorf Pedagogy.
· Responding in an age appropriate manner when addressing the needs of the young child.
· Fulfilling work requirements in accordance with the agreed upon daily schedule.
· Working independently when the need arises and assume responsibility.
· Maintaining an orderly and clean kitchen in accordance with the standards set by the Ministry of Health.
· Maintaining bedding.
· Work in accordance with CCEYA regulations as outlined by Supervisor.
Salary is determined based on years of experience and education. Benefits plan includes RSP contribution, health and dental coverage. Split shift hours: 8:30am to 11:30am and 4:00pm to 6:00pm.
Applications: Please send resumes by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to:
Toronto Waldorf School
9100 Bathurst Street, Suite 1
Thornhill, Ontario L4J 8C7
We will initiate interviews as soon as we receive qualified applicants. Deadline March 7, 2020. We thank all candidates in advance. We will contact only those selected for an interview.