About Our School:
Toronto Waldorf School, founded in 1968, serves over 300 students and their parents from birth through Grade 12. We are located just north of Toronto, Ontario on about 20 acres including a large wooded area and a section of protected ecological ravine. We serve a diverse multicultural community. Our unique building was designed to be a Waldorf school from the ground up. We have a large and dynamic faculty and staff, with a diverse mix of experience and backgrounds. Our school is accredited by AWSNA (Association of Waldorf Schools of North America) and we offer an Ontario Ministry of Education High School Graduation Diploma,which enables University and College entrance, along with our Waldorf Diploma in Grade 12.
The Toronto Waldorf School is searching for a School Counsellor. The successful candidate must be able to work with children of all ages and their families. This position is to promote student success, identify student needs, and implement a comprehensive school counselling program that focuses on the Academic, Social and Emotional needs of our students. This position requires a highly organized and knowledgeable person to ensure that our students are given the guidance and support that they need.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide individual and group counselling/consultation to students as needed
· Work with the school’s Therapeutic Circle to identify additional support that students may require
· Facilitate processes related to supporting social inclusion and preventing bullying
· Work with students to support their IEP’s (Indivdual Educational Plans)
· Work with high risk students and provide them with the guidance to succeed
· Pay attention to cultural or societal differences in dealing with the students
· Liaise with teachers and parents
· Work as a member of the faculty to develop and implement new student services
· Support International students
· Provide Theraplay or similar to families with young children
· Undergraduate or Master Degree or equivalent counselling training.
· B. Ed. or equivalent and knowledge of Waldorf Pedagogy or willingness to learn
· Theraplay certification or equivalent
· 3-5 years experience in a school or group setting
· Experience counselling students
· Excellent communication skills (both verbal & written)
Salary is determined based on years of experience and qualifications.
Please send resumes by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to
Toronto Waldorf School
9100 Bathurst Street, Suite 1
Thornhill, Ontario L4J 8C7
We will initiate interviews as soon as we receive qualified applicants. Deadline January 4, 2022. We thank all candidates in advance. We will contact only those selected for an interview.