High School Math Teacher
Starting October 2019
About Our School:
Toronto Waldorf School, founded in 1968, serves 350 students and their parents from birth through Grade 12. We are located just north of Toronto, Ontario on 18 acres including a large wooded area and a section of protected ecological ravine. We serve a diverse multicultural community. Our unique building was designed to be a Waldorf school from the ground up. We have a large and dynamic faculty and staff, with a diverse mix of experience and backgrounds. Several anthroposophically-based organizations work alongside us on our campus including a residence for seniors, an anthroposophically-based medical practice, and the Rudolf Steiner Centre for adult education. Our school is accredited by AWSNA (Association of Waldorf Schools of North America) and we offer an Ontario Ministry of Education High School Graduation Diploma which enables University and College entrance, along with our Waldorf Diploma in Grade 12.
· Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task with confidence, converting strategies into effective operational activities and achievements.
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills, approachable for students, parents and colleagues.
· Willingness and proven ability to work within a community environment.
· Active and ongoing research and development in academic area of expertise.
· Skills in classroom management and discipline follow-through.
· Waldorf Teacher Education certification or accepted equivalent experience.
· Minimum university bachelor degree, and bachelor of education, or equivalent combination of education and work experience with a major in math and/or science.
· The High School teacher is responsible for teaching High School Math
· Quarterly reports to parents through a written report card and an interview at the Parent/teacher interviews in November and February.
Salary is determined based on years of experience.
Applications: Please send resumes by email to email@example.com or by mail to
Toronto Waldorf School
9100 Bathurst Street, Suite 1
Thornhill, Ontario L4J 8C7
We will initiate interviews as soon as we receive qualified applicants. Deadline September 30, 2019. We thank all candidates in advance. We will contact only those selected for an interview.