Toronto Waldorf School
Grade One Assistant Teacher
About Our School:
Toronto Waldorf School, founded in 1968, serves 350 students and their parents from birth through Grade 12. We are located just north of Toronto, Ontario on 18 acres including a large wooded area and a section of protected ecological ravine. We serve a diverse multicultural community. Our unique building was designed to be a Waldorf school from the ground up. We have a large and dynamic faculty and staff, with a diverse mix of experience and backgrounds. Several anthroposophically-based organizations work alongside us on our campus including a residence for seniors, an anthroposophically-based medical practice, and the Rudolf Steiner Centre for adult education. Our school is accredited by AWSNA (Association of Waldorf Schools of North America) and we offer an Ontario Ministry of Education High School Graduation Diploma,which enables University and College entrance, along with our Waldorf Diploma in Grade 12.
Strong communication and collaboration skills. Ability to work well in a team environment.
· Ability to collaborate with fellow teachers and administrators to bring forward the full Waldorf curriculum.
· Ability to work with parents to support their understanding of Waldorf education, and to meet their questions and needs as parents in the elementary school years.
· Waldorf Teacher Education certification, or commitment to becoming Waldorf certified.
· Bachelor of Education or equivalent.
Assist with main lesson, painting, crafts, and possibly other subjects.
· Assist with special curriculum related activities, eat snack and lunch with class.
· Assist with evaluation of each child’s academic, emotional and social progress.
· As part of the lower School and full Faculty contribute to pedagogical, child, and curriculum study.
· Assist with planning Parent Evenings to help facilitate a more thorough understanding of the Waldorf curriculum and child development.
· Perform a designated number of duties, recess and administrative, in addition to assistant teaching responsibilities.
· Attend all faculty meetings and assist with open houses and other school events wherever possible
Salary is determined based on years of experience. Benefits plan includes RSP contribution, health and dental coverage.
Please send resumes by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to
Toronto Waldorf School
9100 Bathurst Street, Suite 1
Thornhill, Ontario L4J 8C7
We will initiate interviews as soon as we receive qualified applicants. We thank all candidates in advance. We will contact only those selected for an interview.