Parent Volunteers & Other Opportunities
Parent volunteers offer a huge resource and support base for the school community. If you feel you have time to get involved, we would love to have you!
You may consider joining one of these groups that are active in our school:
- Parent Council
- Class Parent & Volunteers – who provide a supporting role to class teachers & advisors
- Board of Directors
- Board Committees
You can always check out our bi-monthly issues of The Perspective for further personal developmental opportunities in the community.
Please note that we require that all parent volunteers who work with children to have a current police clearance on file with the school. It is called a “Vulnerable Sector Screening – Police Reference Check” which is specific to people working (paid or as a volunteer) with children, the elderly, or others considered vulnerable in some way.
How to Obtain a Vulnerable Sector Screen for Volunteering at the School
Residents of York Region must have two pieces of government-issued identification (containing name, date of birth, address; one ID must include a photo) when completing the application online.
- Complete the online application You will be asked to pay by VISA or Mastercard ($30 as of 2019).
- Visit the school office to pick up the school volunteer letter (required when you pick up your completed screen).
- When the screen is completed, you will receive an email. Go to the police facility you chose during the online application process. Bring the school letter with you as well as identification.
- Bring the completed Vulnerable Sector Check to the school office, along with the receipt for reimbursement.
FAQ for York Region
Toronto Police Services does not have an online application process for the Vulnerable Sector Screen.
- Visit the school office to pick up the Consent to Disclosure (Vulnerable Sector Screening) form.
- Complete the application form and have Michelle Huppeler, Human Resources Manager, designated agency person, sign off and stamp the form.
- Mail the form and the payment (certified cheque or money order made payable to Toronto Police Services – $20 as of 2019), to the address at the top of the form (40 College Street).
- When completed, the results will be mailed to you. The process can take from 2 weeks to 3 months.
- Bring the results of the Vulnerable Sector Screen to the school office, along with the receipt for reimbursement.
You will need to contact your local policing agency to determine what steps to follow.