Toronto Waldorf School
Child Care Lead Teacher
About Our School
Toronto Waldorf School, founded in 1968, serves over 350 students and their parents from birth through Grade 12. We are located just north of Toronto, Ontario on about 18 acres including a large wooded area and a section of protected ecological ravine. We serve a diverse multicultural community. Our unique building was designed to be a Waldorf school from the ground up. We have a large and dynamic faculty and staff, with a diverse mix of experience and backgrounds. Several anthroposophically-based organizations work alongside us on our campus including a residence for seniors, an anthroposophically-based medical practice, and the Rudolf Steiner Centre for adult education. Our school is accredited by AWSNA (Association of Waldorf Schools of North America) and we offer an Ontario Ministry of Education High School Graduation Diploma which enables University and College entrance, along with our Waldorf Diploma in Grade 12.
Toronto Waldorf School is looking for a Child Care Lead Teacher to be a member of the TWS faculty, responsible for sharing the carrying of a group of children ranging in age from 2.5 to 4 years.
• Waldorf Teacher Education certification preferred. Funding for Waldorf EC part-time training is available.
• R-ECE is a definite requirement.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, along with an approachable manner towards parents and colleagues.
• Willingness to create an age appropriate environment in which children can flourish.
• Willingness and ability to work cooperatively with other colleagues and the parent community.
• First Aid certification.
• Vulnerable Sector Screening.
• Implement a Waldorf program that meets the needs of the children in an artistic and age-appropriate way.
• Conduct three parent evenings per year.
• Communicate with parents as required.
• Participate in family interviews with Supervisor.
• Work in accordance with CCEYA regulations as outlined by Supervisor.
• Administrative and other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Compensation & Benefits
Salary is determined based on years of experience and education. Benefits plan includes RSP contribution, health and dental coverage and tuition remission.
Please send resumes by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to
Toronto Waldorf School
9100 Bathurst Street, Suite 1
Thornhill, Ontario L4J 8C7
We will initiate interviews as soon as we receive qualified applicants. We thank all candidates in advance. We will contact only those selected for an interview