Toronto Waldorf School
Starting August 2024
The Eurythmy Teacher is a full time active member of our Faculty responsible for carrying the eurythmy portion of the Waldorf curriculum for classes from early childhood through Grades 1, 2 and 3. The Eurythmy Teacher evaluates each child’s progress and reports to parents through written reports and interviews. He/she is invited to attend all faculty meetings and assist with school events when possible. This work could be done on a weekly schedule or in blocks, equivalent to about 12 lessons/week.
· Waldorf Teacher Education certification plus Eurythmy diploma (five year certification).
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills; approachable by students, parents and colleagues
· Demonstrated ability to work within a community environment.
· Demonstrated ability to collaborate with fellow teachers and administrators to bring forward the Waldorf curriculum.
· Demonstrated ability to work with parents to support their understanding of Waldorf education, and to meet their questions and needs as parents in the elementary school years.
· Responsible for ensuring all curriculum requirements are met for each grade, including lesson preparation and instruction
· Evaluate each student’s physical, emotional and social progress on an ongoing basis
· Report to parents regularly through written reports and interviews
· As necessary, liaise with colleagues and other professionals to address the needs of individual children
· As part of the Lower School and full Faculty contribute to pedagogical, child, and curriculum study
· Perform a designated number of duties, recess and administrative, in addition to teaching responsibilities.
· Attend all faculty meetings and assist with school events wherever possible.
· Assist with school events when possible
· Respond to parent questions/concerns in a timely and professional manner
· Participate in parent interviews as required
· Writing of reports in a timely and professional manner
· Responsible for monitoring annual budget
Salary range is between $51,214.80 to $82,533 for a fulltime position and is determined based on years of experience and education. Benefits plan includes RSP contribution, health, vision, dental coverage and tuition remission.
Please send resumes by email to email@example.com or by mail to
Toronto Waldorf School
9100 Bathurst Street, Suite 1
Thornhill, Ontario L4J 8C7
Application Deadline March 1, 2024. We will initiate interviews as soon as we receive qualified applicants. We thank all candidates in advance. We will contact only those selected for an interview