Toronto Waldorf School is a member of the following associations:
Canadian Accredited Independent Schools
Association of Waldorf Schools of North America
Waldorf Early Childhood Association of North America
Waldorf Schools Association of Ontario (WSAO)
Toronto Waldorf School is registered with the Ontario Ministry of Education and is authorized to grant Grade 12 diplomas (Ontario Secondary School Diplomas) to our graduates. TWS High School courses are matched to Ontario Ministry of Education course codes, and it is inspected biennially by the Ontario Ministry of Education.
Toronto Waldorf School was accredited jointly by the Association of Waldorf Schools of North America and the Canadian Accredited Independent Schools in 2007. The Joint Visiting Committees report stated that TWS is "to be commended for embarking upon a co-accreditation review. In this regard, as in others, TWS is a leader in Canada."
The Joint Visiting Committee also said TWS was commended:
- for the strength of its academic program;
- for the faculty's effective and aligned pedagogy which regularly engages students in critical thinking;
- for program integration (the blending of disciplines, including both arts and academics) being a core value in Waldorf philosophy, keeping it alive and vibrant in the High School to an extent that it optimizes learning. This deserves special commendation and is clearly a strength of the school.
- for significant allocation of resources and class time invested into the practical arts program, making it strong and vibrant throughout the school.
- for the music and dramaprograms being strengths of the school.
- because students are offered such an array of physical activities, for providing opportunities for success for all students, not just the athletic ones.
- for being proactive in having a full time counsellor on the staff, which serves the school community in innumerable ways.
The 2010 inspection from the Ontario Ministry of Education generated the following comments:
- Students were exceptionally bright and interacted with the inspector very comfortably.
- The level of discussion in the classes was phenomenal.
- Students appeared to be happy, engaged in learning and interactive.
- There was good rapport between students, teachers and each other.
Back to Top Watch Parents' Testimonials Visit Our Campus