Full Day Kindergarten
The schedule will be adapted to meet the needs of each specific group of children. In addition to the activities described in the Kindergarten main page, the following is unique to the Full Day program:
- A hot, organic lunch is eaten quietly together in the Kindergarten classroom, beginning with a verse of appreciation.
- This atmosphere helps the children focus on eating lunch after an active morning. An outdoor time in the garden follows.
- The afternoon teachers receive the children as they come back in creating a seamless transition.
- Nap time: All children lie down to rest. The teachers play softly on the lyre, sing or perhaps tell a story. Some children sleep while others lie quietly and absorb their day so far. Beeswax modelling or a gentle back massage may help some to settle.
- Snack break: After nap the children have a nutritious snack or work quietly at the table.
- Play time: Teachers take the children to the enclosed Kindergarten garden to play for 30 to 45 minutes.
At 3:30 pm children are picked up to return home, or stay to attend the After-School program.
Back to Top Back to Kindergarten Main Page