The Building Caretaker is responsible for daily, weekly and seasonal maintenance and cleaning routines in order to meet the needs of the school. The scope of these responsibilities include repairs, light building maintenance, cleaning, grounds maintenance (grass cutting and supplementary snow removal) and implementing established security measures. This position reports to the Director of Finance and Administration.
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED FOR THE POSITION (Abilities, Skills, Behaviours):
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Dedicated, reliable and a willingness to work in a school environment.
- Awareness of cleaning and maintenance standards and requirements of a large facility and grounds.
- Commitment to job Health & Safety.
- Valid Drivers license and ability to operate small equipment.
- John Ambulance Standard First Aid training or equivalent.
- Vulnerable Sector Screening
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY AND SPECIFIC STANDARDS / RESULTS:
Building Maintenance & Cleaning
- Establish daily and weekly maintenance routines to maintain standards established in consultation with the Facilities Coordinator.
- During off school hours when school is not in session participate in larger school maintenance projects including painting, floor maintenance, and general repairs.
Occupational Health & Safety
- Follow all Health & Safety procedures as identified and determined by the Occupational Health & Safety committee.
- With support when required, includes the clearing of snow and ice, grass cutting, tree removal etc.
- Ensures all doors and windows are locked and that all security measures are in place.
- Responds to any fire alarm related duties during work hours.
Hours and Compensation
- 7:00a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday to Friday
- Salary is determined based on experience. Benefits plan includes RSP contribution, health and dental coverage.
Please send resumes by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to
Toronto Waldorf School
9100 Bathurst Street, Suite 1
We thank all candidates in advance; however we will contact only those selected for an interview.