Tuition Adjustment Policy
Tuition Adjustment arose out of the desire to make the education at the Toronto Waldorf School as accessible as possible within budget resources. Consequently, every attempt is made to distribute Tuition Adjustment funding fairly, based upon need. The analysis takes into account net family income and an analysis of family assets. Recommended adjustment calculations are based on the Government Cost of Living Standards along with the number of children.
This policy will provide the Tuition Adjustment Committee with clear guidelines to ensure that all applicants have an equal opportunity to receive financial adjustment.
Selection and Configuration of the Tuition Adjustment Committee
The Tuition Adjustment Committee is a committee of the Board. Its members consist of the Administrative Director, Admissions Coordinator, Development Director and Business Manager.
Who should apply
- Families who do not have the economic means to pay the full contract amount for their children;
- Families who encounter unexpected financial hardship during the school year (Emergency Tuition Adjustment).
All students enrolled in a core program (Nursery to Grade 12) are eligible.
Families whose Account is in good standing. For the school’s purpose accounts being in ‘good standing’ means that all contracts for the current and any previous year have been paid in full or will be done so according to the contract payment schedule, or current approved Alternate Payment Plan. Please note: Tuition Adjustments may be revoked if the account is not in good standing at any time.
The amount of funds available in any given year is determined by the Board. A separate budget amount will be established to respond with financial support for new families, or an unexpected emergency which a family may encounter during the year.
- The net worth of the family will be considered in the awarding of Tuition Adjustment.
- Business assets will be included in calculating net worth.
- All sources of income must be declared.
Submission deadlines for applications will be strictly adhered to.
- Returning families will be notified of the deadline with their contract package;
- New families wishing to apply should contact the Admissions Office.
The Tuition Adjustment Committee will review the Tuition Adjustment Policy annually and make any recommendations deemed necessary to the Board and revise, as needed, prior to the tuition adjustment application process for the next school year.
Back to Top Go to Application Procedures