TORONTO WALDORF SCHOOL
Kindergarten Support Teacher
Full-time or Part-time
Starting August 2019
About Our School:
Toronto Waldorf School, founded in 1968, serves over 360 students and their parents from birth through Grade 12. We are located just north of Toronto, Ontario on about 18 acres including a large wooded area and a section of protected ecological ravine. We serve a diverse multicultural community. Our unique building was designed to be a Waldorf school from the ground up. We have a large and dynamic faculty and staff, with a diverse mix of experience and backgrounds. Several anthroposophically-based organizations work alongside us on our campus including a residence for seniors, an anthroposophically-based medical practice, and the Rudolf Steiner Centre for adult education. Our school is accredited by AWSNA (Association of Waldorf Schools of North America) and we offer an Ontario Ministry of Education High School Graduation Diploma which enables University and College entrance, along with our Waldorf Diploma in Grade 12.
Toronto Waldorf School is looking for a Kindergarten Support Teacher to be a member of the TWS faculty, responsible for sharing and carrying a group of children ranging in age from 4 to 6 years five days per week.
Required and Preferred Qualifications:
· Waldorf Teacher Education certification or accepted equivalent experience preferred.
· An understanding of child development from an Anthroposophical point of view.
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills, along with an approachable manner towards parents and colleagues.
· Willingness to create an age appropriate environment in which children can flourish.
· Willingness and ability to work cooperatively with the teacher, other colleagues and the parent community.
· First Aid certification
· R-ECE an asset
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Supporting the program created by the teacher based on Waldorf Pedagogy
· Responding in an age appropriate manner when addressing the needs of the young child.
· Fulfilling work requirements in accordance with the agreed upon daily schedule.
· Participating in curriculum and pedagogical review of program with the teacher on a weekly basis and communicating observations of children to teacher daily.
· Participation in regular parent evenings; participation in parent interviews if teacher deems it necessary.
· Attending weekly early childhood faculty meetings and participating in outreach, i.e. open houses as agreed upon by Early Childhood Faculty.
· Working independently when the need arises and assume responsibility for the whole group and/or individual children.
· Supporting and participating in planning, preparing and celebrating all festivals and class picnics.
· Maintaining an orderly and clean kitchen in accordance with the standards set by the Ministry of Health.
· Maintaining rest time.
Salary is determined based on years of experience and qualifications.
Applications: Please send resumes by email to email@example.com or by mail to
Toronto Waldorf School
9100 Bathurst Street, Suite 1
Thornhill, Ontario L4J 8C7
We will initiate interviews as soon as we receive qualified applicants. Deadline August 16, 2019. We thank all candidates in advance. We will contact only those selected for an interview