Toronto Waldorf School is looking for a Childcare Lead Teacher to be a member of the TWS faculty, responsible for sharing the carrying of a group of children ranging in age from 18 months to 4 years.
• Waldorf Teacher Education certification preferred. Funding for Waldorf EC part-time training is available.
• R-ECE is a definite requirement.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, along with an approachable manner towards parents and colleagues.
• Willingness to create an age appropriate environment in which children can flourish.
• Willingness and ability to work cooperatively with other colleagues and the parent community.
• First Aid certification.
• Vulnerable Sector Screening.
• Implement a Waldorf program that meets the needs of the children in an artistic and age-appropriate way.
• Conduct three parent evenings per year.
• Communicate with parents as required.
• Participate in family interviews with Supervisor.
• Work in accordance with CCEYA regulations as outlined by Supervisor.
• Administrative and other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Compensation & Benefits
Salary is determined based on years of experience and education. Benefits plan includes RSP contribution, health and dental coverage.
Posting closes: March 30, 2018
Toronto Waldorf School serves students and their parents from birth through Grade 12. We are located in Thornhill, just north of Toronto, including a large wooded area, a section of protected ecological ravine, and an active farm and garden area. Our building was designed for us and creates a warm and supportive environment for teachers and students alike. We have a large and dynamic faculty and staff, with a diverse mix of experience and backgrounds. We have several anthroposophically-based organizations working alongside us on the 27-acre campus, including a residence for seniors, an anthroposophically-based medical practice, the Rudolf Steiner Centre (an adult education centre), and the head office and library of the Anthroposophical Society in Canada. Please explore our website for a fuller picture.
If you are interested in working at Toronto Waldorf School, please e-mail your resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all candidates in advance; however we will contact only those selected for an interview.